LOOKING AFTER YOURSELF
As an individual freelance Community Musician you need to be able to look after yourself as a professional.
Find out if there is any support for small or micro businesses locally.
Things to remember when negotiating a contract
- Is it a one –off session or part of a on-going project?
- Where, When, How long?
- Time of start and finish
- Access to the venue to set up?
- Is there preparation time paid for?
- Age of the group
- Any previous work been done with the group?
- Numbers expected?
- Resources available?
- What specific skills can you offer?
Draft a template for a contract of work. Ask a colleague to test it for you.